Throughout the history of sports medicine research, women have been excluded due to hormonal fluctuations during menstrual cycles. The same fluctuations of hormones that alter physiological responses to exercise, metabolism, recovery, and training that present challenges for researchers can impact female athletes’ abilities to achieve peak performance. Where some researchers saw a challenge, Osmo saw an opportunity to provide hydration and nutrition that would help elite female athletes hit peak performance at any point in their cycle. Osmo developed the Optimized for Women line based on peer-reviewed science, including research done by Dr. Stacy Sims, who developed the Osmo Nutrition range.
The Optimized for Women line was created to empower elite female athletes to feel great and perform their best at any point in their cycle—if every second of race time or every ounce of strength makes the difference for you, the Optimized for Women line is designed to help.
Osmo Active Hydration Optimized for Women is specifically formulated to provide the benefits of Active Hydration for women during the high hormone phase of the monthly cycle, helping female athletes increase power output, improve endurance, and avoid premenstrual performance decline.
- Flavors: Lemon-Lime, Mango
- MRSP: $20.00 (403g / about 40 servings)
- Also available in single servings ($35.00/ 24 single-serve packets)
Reasons Osmo is Perfect For Your Fitness Routine
- Prevents cramping – nothing ruins a good run like a painful cramp. Osmo Active has the right balance of magnesium, potassium, and sodium to prevent cramping.
- Fights fatigue – Osmo Active boosts blood circulation and plasma levels. This helps your body function more efficiently, increasing energy levels and delaying fatigue.
- Easy on the stomach – Using hydration with the right osmolality is so important that we’re named for it. The osmolality of Osmo Active is optimized for quick absorption and hydration, so it won’t sit in your stomach and cause bloating or distress.
- Hyper-hydrates – Drinking Osmo PreLoad the night before or morning of an extra intense or long effort will help you stay hydrated for longer throughout your run. PreLoad is especially helpful for hot days and can balance fluid lost through sweat.
- Faster recovery – After a long run, you deserve a good recovery—and your body needs it. Osmo Recovery is made to help sore, tired muscles recover and rebuild faster to help strengthen you and keep you feeling great.